adding more computer voices to device

I would like to add some additional computer voices to my device, but it says there is not enough memory. I have tried putting in an SD card that I had but it just tells me to take it out! I was just wondering if there was some secret to all of this and if I ever get the sd card issue resolved, do the additional things I download automatically go onto the card or what?

I would like to add some additional computer voices to my device, but it says there is not enough memory. I have tried putting in an SD card that I had but it just tells me to take it out! I was just wondering if there was some secret to all of this and if I ever get the sd card issue resolved, do the additional things I download automatically go onto the card or what?

This particular question has been answered many times, but here is the summary:
1) If you want to use an SD card you must have ALL the files on it for it to function. This includes:
- TomTom Operating System (also called TomTom Application in TT HOME)
- Map Files
- Sound files
- POIs
- Voices

- When you plug your SD card in it is like installing a blank hard drive to your computer. You need an operating system and the applications for it to do anything.

2) When you plug the SD card in, the internal memory is ignored. The TomTom and your PC will only see the SD card.

Thanks. I did see some threads on the computer voices but nothing that would help with the sd card. Well darn- I thought it would be just an easy thing to pop the sd card in and have extra space avail.
thanks for the help

I don't know what model TT you have but I'm guessing that if you are using the internal memory there is room to add more voices without adding an SD card. I've done it. Also you can delete some of he voices that you are not using with Home.

I have the TT One XL-S and I do have enough memory to add voices but not to add computer voices- I have one standard one in there and I would like to try out the other computer voices.

I have the TT One XL-S and I do have enough memory to add voices but not to add computer voices- I have one standard one in there and I would like to try out the other computer voices.
You will have to remove the current computer voice in order to install another computer voice - or get a 2gb SD card.

Ask a Question