app.devicemanager error with Home 2 on Vista

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Ed.
When I try to connect my TomTom One 3rd edition (USA) to Home on my laptop I get the following error.

TypeError: App.deviceManager has no properties

I've tried reinstalling everything and using different USB ports but nothing fixes it. Does anyone know of a solution?

No user discovered solution yet... TomTom needs to respond.

When I try to connect my TomTom One 3rd edition (USA) to Home on my laptop I get the following error.

TypeError: App.deviceManager has no properties

I've tried reinstalling everything and using different USB ports but nothing fixes it. Does anyone know of a solution?

A quick Google for "App.deviceManager" turned up reports of the problem by others. There doesn't seem to be any information about the cause, and each of the users say that they have contacted TomTom for some guidance, but they haven't received any response.

I'm not sure if this is a PC operating system error, or a TomTom Home specific error. At any rate, it seems that a phone call to TomTom tech support may be required, as the email support results have not been very helpful for the other affected folks. Good luck.
:confused:

I have 2.1 on Vista, but have not encountered anything like that.

It may have something to do with Visa User Accounts in Visa Account Control. If you are using account control when you install 2.1 in a "Standard" versus "Administrative" type of user account, this has caused problems for some other applications.

You might turn Account Control off, and/ or download 2.1 and run the installation as an administrator (right click on the file). Also, you might want to turn virus and spyware (Microsoft Defender) filters off when you run the install.

Don't know is any of the above will help, but would give them a try unless TT Support has a real fix.

Well I have a string of correspondence with Tomtom 'support' (I use the term very loosely) stretching back months trying to resolve this issue. They haven't asked a single meaningful question. Eventually they asked if I would install it on another PC. When I did and it worked their response was that if it worked on another PC then there must be something wrong with the config of my PC. Unbelievably bad support. They neither have a solution nor any intention of finding one.

With regard to UAC as mentioned above, I turned that off immediately after installing Vista so I doubt that that is the culprit in this case.

Ask a Question