App crash when updating tomtom one IQ route

Hello, I installed tomtom home software and I can connect my tomtom one 140 fine, everything works except the update my device function, everytime I run it and it crashes the application. Any ideas?

My operating system is windows 7, but I also tried on a xp computer, same problem...

Regards

James

Do you have the latest Home application? You could try to uninstall the application and then go here to get the latest anddl and install again.

Sometimes the HOME folders get corrupt. Try the steps here, deleting folders as instructed in the link.

just followed the instructions on the link, still same error... I don't think it's the home folders that cause the issue, bcos I tried on a windows xp machine as well.

Try backing up the Tomtom per this link. Does it give you errors? Perhaps there is corrupt data on the Tomtom causing the Operate my Device to crash. Are you on the latest application on the Tomtom (8.414)?

Is there any type of error dump or detail that you could post? It can help us track down the issue.

I have tried backing up the device at work, it worked fine, however there was not internet connection at work (due to proxy requires username+password) so I couldn't test the update device function at work.

I just tried updating the device again, but didn't work, so I pulled the plug and it resulted some I/O error and I couldn't start up the device correctly, so I am trying to format the device with fat32, it is still formatting(been approx 1 hour), will see what happens.

now I got a problem, I cannot find voices for paul - english (new zealand) * katrina - english (new zealand) * and text-speech is gone, any ideas? cheers!

Go to manage my ONE, and remove all voices from the computer and the Tomtom. Then go to "add traffic, voices, etc", and then see if the voices are there.

sweet, I somehow figured it out last night. thanks very much anyway.

so I may conclude the reason of crashing the app was due to some corruption in file system...

Ask a Question