App 7.900 Issue

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I have a ONE V2 (New Edition). I just upgraded to app 7.9 and for some reason, my settings aren't saved everytime I disconnect from the computer. I tried loading back my Favourites (mapsettings.cfg) and even on the TomTom itself, removed the POIs to be displayed and nothing is saved. I've done both a soft and hard reset but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Edit: You can add ScanDisk to the list. I've ran it, found errors, repaired it and still no improvements.

Last edited:
Besides killing the programmers at TomTom? :eek:

There are many threads about what a disaster 7.9 is, including killing the ability to copy MapSettings.cfg from an earlier firmware backup. 7.9 simply overwrites it with a new file, wiping out the contents you had contained therein.

The way around that is to download poiedit from poiedit.com, load your mapsettings.cfg in it, your favourites will show in poiedit. You then can create a custom poi category of your favourites.

The old saying that a picture is worth 1000 words....

Here's a link to a thread in the UK forum with screenshots of how it is done, courtesy of Mike Elder. Go here

wha? oh.. my freaking... You'd think that TomTom will have at least a warning! Cause even if I did backup my stuff the "correct" way (i.e. through HOME), I'd still won't be able to get my Favourites back.

Great... but thanks for a solution!

The mapsettings.cfg resets everything else every time I disconnect from the computer.. that includes disabling Bluetooth and turning off POIs (the same ones come up again and they weren't even the ones I had selected before the update).... <sigh>

which map? The 8.15?
I noticed that mapsettings.cfg also has the Recent Destinations list and it's a LOT longer than what is actually shown on my device. Mine has 84 items shown as recent destinations with one odd one from May!

Ask a Question