Another member from Ontario; the only one from Markham?

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
I finally decided on a TT in part because of these superb forums. Please let me thank many of you for your advice.

Initially I simultaneously 'test drove' a TT XL 330S and a Magellan 4250. The features of this TT were for sure superior to the 4250 but I was overly bothered by what I considered the better maps on the Magellan (older Navteq) compared to those on the TT (the very new 7.20 Teleatlas).
So I returned the TT.

But using the Magellan longer I began to have TT envy ;) .

So I returned the Magellan and bought a GO730 off Craig's List.

Last edited:
I'm from Markham as well. I just bought the 920 at the Futureshop at Hwy7 & Warden this weekend.

If the truth be known, so am I. But I figured why put Thornhill as my location? Who the heck would know where that is? :cool:

So, I put good old Trawna.

By the way.....have you made a complete backup of your unit using Explorer, NOT Home, and made sure hidden files/folders are shown as well as extensions for known file types?

If not ... do not pass go, do not collect $200. Do it NOW!

I'm Thornhill as well. Close to the Shops on Steeles. I have not done the back up that way yet - but I will. Thanks for the input. :D

If the truth be known, so am I. But I figured why put Thornhill as my location? Who the heck would know where that is? :cool:

So, I put good old Trawna.

By the way.....have you made a complete backup of your unit using Explorer, NOT Home, and made sure hidden files/folders are shown as well as extensions for known file types?

If not ... do not pass go, do not collect $200. Do it NOW!

Thornhillers are Markham wannabees ;). A true Markhamite must live within...say...a 6 km radius of Hwy 7 and Markham Rd :p. But seriously neighbours we need to stick together re Mapshare entries and TeleAtlas updates. The ever growing nature of Markham and York Region as it spreads north creates many new roads and addresses and POIs (eg. another Tim Hortons :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Thornhillers are Markham wannabees ;). A true Markhamite must live within...say...a 6 km radius of Hwy 7 and Markham Rd :p. But seriously neighbours we need to stick together re Mapshare entries and TeleAtlas updates. The ever growing nature of Markham and York Region as it spreads north creates many new roads and addresses.
You'se folks are all Tronna wannabees, not like we genuine Scarbirians.

Actually my second month in Canada I lived on Christman Ct, next to the cemetory.

Actually my second month in Canada I lived on Christman Ct, next to the cemetory.

That is definitely a true and blue Markham address

I live and work within a few kms of Christman Ct. I always wondered about that street as it is in an odd location along Hwy 7.

I agree ... how do we do that? I was driving around yesterday and noticed new subdivisions not on the map yet. Also - a few of the Tim Horton's were in the wrong location. I'm kinda new - but how do I make those changes?

Thornhillers are Markham wannabees ;). A true Markhamite must live within...say...a 6 km radius of Hwy 7 and Markham Rd :p. But seriously neighbours we need to stick together re Mapshare entries and TeleAtlas updates. The ever growing nature of Markham and York Region as it spreads north creates many new roads and addresses.

I'm so close to Trawna, I can spit into it ... not that I do - of course. ;)
Actually isn't Scarberia part of Trawna now ???
You'se folks are all Tronna wannabees, not like we genuine Scarbirians.

I agree ... how do we do that? I was driving around yesterday and noticed new subdivisions not on the map yet.

You cant use TT Map Corrections (Main Menu 2 of 3) to add new streets. Instead you can inform Tele Atlas here:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

Also - a few of the Tim Horton's were in the wrong location. I'm kinda new - but how do I make those changes?

You can do this with your TT. Again Main Menu 2 of 3, Correct a map error etc. But be sure you have updated or initiated "Correction preferences".

I agree ... how do we do that? I was driving around yesterday and noticed new subdivisions not on the map yet. Also - a few of the Tim Horton's were in the wrong location.

Feel free to PM/email me if you have some corrections that *I* could submit as well. I would imagine that the more submissions to Map Share and Map Insight the more likely something permanent will happen....assuming Map Share really does work :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Thanks for that link. I noticed they had my home address wrong, so I've submitted that as a change. We'll see what happens now. :cool:

You cant use TT Map Corrections (Main Menu 2 of 3) to add new streets. Instead you can inform Tele Atlas here:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

You can do this with your TT. Again Main Menu 2 of 3, Correct a map error etc. But be sure you have updated or initiated "Correction preferences".

Ask a Question