Another Greg from Ottawa

Hi folks,

Can't imagine finding much time to actually work any more with all the available info on net forums like this one to keep me busy.

My XL330 just arrived in the little brown truck a couple of hours ago and I think I'm going to like it. Going to fit nicely (I hope) in the map pocket on my bike's tank bag.

It's my first mapping GPS and I can't even figure out how to attach the hand lanyard. Doesn't seem to be any spot to hook-up. Any ideas? Yeah, I'm techno-challenged but this is ridiculous.

I did find the instructions a little too flimsy for a change. A few graphics on the mounting process but not a whole lot more. Of course I didn't REALLY read them 'cause, well, you know how it is. Damn that little wrist strap!

Gotta run now and go find someplace to be. Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

Cheers!

Hey Triumph Guy...

Is there a small hook location? My Rider had a small black nylon loop that you hooked through that then hooked the lanyard to the loop.

That's what I would have thought but there's no spot to hook up to. Oh well, it's not like I'd be using it a whole lot anyway. BTW, I'm no longer a Triumph guy. More like a KLR650 and a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 (for sale).

I just ASSuMEd from your handle you had a Sprint. I've got a 1994 BMW R1100RSL that I ride. I'd love a KLR (have access to one, but it's not mine)
Never idd like the VStrom look.

I've got a ram mount that I have mounted to the provious owners radar detector mount. Does quite nice for me.

Fair assumption. Maybe I was looking for a bit of sympathy for no longer having the Sprint. It's a sweet bike. I'm passionately in love with my KLR and have never ever bonded with the V-Strom. It's fits me well and is a beast of power, but it just never happened. No chemistry as they say in some circles.

I'm hoping that my TomTom will work nicely placed inside the map pocket on my tank bag.

Cheers!

Ask a Question