Anonymous help questions

I got an email from someone who needs help with a 910. This person doesn't want to post these questions so I will. Hopefully they won't be offended but I thought better help would come in a public format.

Questions:

When I start TT Home, I click on blue arrow on "Main Menu 1 of 3" twice to get MM 3 of 3.

Click on "Itin. Planing." and get the itinerary exactly as I previously programmed on the device.

Click on Options and get view of "Itinerary". Click on "Save IT", get keyboard layout and approve of destination name. Click "Done" and get dark blue confirmation screen, choose YES.

On "Itinerary" screen (almond color) all way points are indicated as well as the destination just as I planned it using the device.

Click on "Options" and get "Itinerary" screen again, this time I click on "Start Navig." which gives a choice of route qualities. Whether I choose "fastest" or "shortest" makes no difference. Click "Done" and get map of route.

Expanding the map it shows all the waypoints I had programmed and which are neither shortest or fastest but adhere to my own opinion with regard to practicality.

Up to here everything is rosy but when I click on "Details" - just to look at the various turns - via the "Browse as text" icon, there's a long list of turns and small routes the like of which take me through the same obscure forest roads that recently killed one of Bill Gates' software gurus in our southern Kansas mountain range..

In other words, I could navigate just fine but if I were to follow those "details", I'd be in trouble, at least theoretically.

I cannot get rid of the wrong views of the turns and think they reside on the computer hard drive saved as files. My TT-device is designated as "K" removable.

I went through these steps several times so as to give you an idea of what I do for the planning and what I see on the screen. If needed, I can send you screen prints

Thank you for your patience.

And some more, after a round of trying to understand better...

So If i understand you correctly...
you plan a route, it works fine for you. But when you go to view it before you drive it, it takes you somewhere you don't want to go?

Correct!

and you are doing all this thru HOME?

Did you try doing it just on your device instead? Does that give you the same problem?

Yes, same problem.

The way points I lay out show up correctly on the destination list with the yellow arrows and flag on two posts. When I click on the map view, it shows the fastest route ignoring all points except the home and final destination.

The turn-by-turn list has no resemblance to the way points but reflects the route figured out by the device and TT Home.

I am using the US map in zoomed form to arrive at way points via the blue diamond and not "City Centers" to avoid downtown streets.

Could that be the cause?

I'm still trying to help this person privately but any help in this forum would be greatly appreciated. And I'm certain could help others...

note: I am not circumventing the forums in any way, I am simply trying to help out any and all queries I recieve... by any means. Also some edits were made to 'protect the innocent'

Last edited:

Ask a Question