And the beat goes on...

So, I did a pin reset of my 740, a hard reset of my touch pro, and paired them back up. All seemed well until this morning when, after connecting to the phone, the map started flashing (nothing else, just the map), and the only way that I could stop it flashing was by turning off the bluetooth functionality of the 740. I really am becoming sick of dealing with stuff that just kind of does what it is advertised to do.

Any suggestions besides waiting for the new Garmin 1690?

There's too many problems with bluetooth on any of the current pnd's for me to even bother with it. Yes, there's some percentage of buyers that have a stable connection with certain phones on certain pnd models (and don't have have the associated rebooting issue, which appears to be specific to TomTom's). But I don't think it's a very high percentage. I've tried it with one Garmin, two TomToms' and one "other device". I've never found one that's worth the trouble with any phone I've owned. Even when they work, there's an annoying problem: If I get out of my vehicle for any reason with the devices still paired and in range and my phone rings, I can't answer it.

If I answer with the button on the phone rather than on whatever it's paried with, it comes through quite well, however, I have to remember to 'turn off hands free' if I make an outgoing call. But spending the kind of money that I have on electronics and having them only sort of work is becoming annoying, and this latest bug showed up while I was on the highway...not a good place to have strobing blue light in the corner of your eye

Now that you mention it, I think you're correct. The issue probably was with outgoing calls and not incoming. I just remember being irritated more than once.

Ask a Question