HD Traffic vs BeatTheTraffic

I am driving 4K miles and the radio fed traffic reports for my factory BMW navigation has been inferior to the free app on my iPhone/iPad known as BeatTheTraffic.

I called TomTom who could not tell me if HD Traffic got its fed from FM radio or whatever BeatTheTraffic uses. I asked a sales person at Radio Shack and she thought HD Traffic used FM radio.

I would appreciate some advice here as I would pay the $50 + $20 for TomTom + HD Traffic app if it would help with traffic and also correct some of the misses in terms of directions from my 2009 DVD.

For the benefit of those who do not know such, I installed TomTom on my iPad and it is not possible to activate the Traffic feature like one can do on the iPhone. Also the Google search gives me an error message.

Now I am trying to get a refund since my primary interest was traffic data integrated with navigation. I would keep it, however, if there was reason to believe that an iPad version would be released in the near future.

The traffic data seems to be about on par with beat the traffic in my area (Seattle). I can't say anything about other regions though.

Ask a Question