And now, from the day late and ...

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
And now, from the "Day Late and a Dollar Short Department" at TomTom ...

Just received today by email, hot off the presses!

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Earl,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your new map is ready for download[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif].

We've just launched our latest maps. Your TomTom Map Update Service™ covers this map – it's now time to go online to get it! With your brand new map you're sure to drive with the latest road changes.

[/FONT]
beeld_box_grey_left_top.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Map Download instructions[/FONT]
beeld_box_grey_right_top.gif

beeld_list.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Connect your device to the computer and switch it on.[/FONT]
beeld_list.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]In HOME, click Log in to log into your TomTom account.[/FONT]
beeld_list.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]HOME automatically checks for updates including your new map.[/FONT]
beeld_list.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Download and install your map. Tick the box next to the map and then click Update and install.[/FONT]

beeld_list2.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a new application is offered make sure you install it.[/FONT]
beeld_list2.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]If there is not enough free space on your device HOME offers to remove items.[/FONT]
beeld_list2.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]HOME downloads and installs your new map.[/FONT]
beeld_list.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Click Done. Your new map is now installed on your device.[/FONT]

Not only do the TTHome application guys not talk to the TT firmware guys, and the TTHome guys' application not talk to the database, the marketing guys evidently don't talk to their own database, either.

I had, of course, already downloaded the map the day it came out (sigh).

I went ahead and responded to this email from (e-mail address removed):

----------------------------------------
Not only does your TomTom Home application still forget when we've already purchased the subscription (Home always suggests we purchase again), it appears that your email blast doesn't even know when we've already downloaded the maps.

I would suggest that SOMEBODY back in Europe get your database integrated with your application and email client.

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday (5/30), at 4:45pm eastern.

I think it's smart of tomtom. Be silent about the new maps until all us forum early adopters get it and the server overload is over.

Then when all the everyday people who rarely go on forums and connect to HOME once every month-or-two see the email, their servers won't be as clogged.

I've now gotten the email TWICE -- two days apart. :D

Let's have a contest to see how many of the emails each of us get. So far, I'm winning. :p

Come on everyone, give TomTom a break! There are probably only two employees working there, and one is on vacation now. :rolleyes:

I got my email yesterday, Sat. May 30.

Maybe the contest should be to see who got their email notice the last - but the contest might be hard to judge, since it may take them three months to send all the emails out.

Ask a Question