Alternative mount kit quality?

Ok that link brought me to the UK site not the US...
and it didn't bring me to the mount kit, just the accessory page.

Do you mean this? For $34.95... plus shipping ($10 or $30 depending on where you are)

I'll still wait patiently for my German (German not Garmin) vent mount to be sold in the US...

Ok that link brought me to the UK site not the US...
and it didn't bring me to the mount kit, just the accessory page.

Do you mean this? For $34.95... plus shipping ($10 or $30 depending on where you are)

I'll still wait patiently for my German (German not Garmin) vent mount to be sold in the US...

Yes... the same page for me...

Can you point me to the German vent mount? It looks like this kit has a vent mount, but I'm gathering the German one is better...

New Mounting Kit

I just receved my alternative mount kit from TomTom , Seems well made , its all made in Germany. To my disapointment the gooseneck picks up a lot of road shakeing and you cant mount the unit on the dash board because of the bottom feed charger cord . Slightly over priced .But no other choice.

Welcome to the site michael!

There's a post on here about a 90 degree car charger cord... would that help?

Last edited:
I dont know about the 90 deg. cable I would hate to weaking the female of the plug , the part that is in the unit . Radio shack has just lowered there Tom Tom prices by 100 bucks. I will try to post pics.but I have to head off to work .

Battom:

Greetngs from a newbie. Plse. give link to the German site.
I am very happy with the suction cup (purchased Jan. '07). Much is being said about the Gobernator's gendarmes swooping down on motorists with "obstructions" on windows. Fear naught! Most of them are in Iraq making their streets "safe" for gunmen. I read that there's not one report of a ticket issued unless the car had been stopped for a traffic violation.

I have mine sitting low next to the left column with one edge resting on the dash board in case that it wants to swivel downwards and also because it's closer to me for viewing. The laws were originally put on the books as an oblique attempt at curbing radar detectors, short of outlawing them altogether. They're a waste of money unless you're eighteen years old "going on dead" for speeding.

Vent Mount

Hi All,
I am new to this Forum, and based on what I have seen it seems as though it is a very usful and friendly site.
i have just ordered a go 700 and waiting for it to be delivered, I noticed a few people were enquiring about a "vent" mount.
Just noticed this UK site just wondered if any one has tried these products
http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp?prod=A14DLMNSYS
Cheers
Ron

Hi albertabrit and welcome!

Yes I think that clip has been posted before, but thanks for sharing! I hope you find all you need for your 700 here, and you can help contribute more. :)

I visited the German site. If you need a translation of what they offer (they don't have one for my KIA Sedona...), I'd be glad to sent you the details.

Ask a Question