TomTom 930 Alternative Mount

Hi all,

I wonder if people here can let me know which windscreen mounts they use on their TomTom 930's (or any other devices that have similar mounts)?

The problem is that the mount which came with TomTom 930 is no good at all. For my old TomTom I had a mount with a) a lever on a suction cup which made the connection whery strong; b) two pivotal points to have the device in a rigth position; c) power connector on the mount so I won't have to connect/disconnect it from the unit all the time.

New 930 mount has none of that. Are there any alternatives on the market?

Thanks

Carcomm supply an active mount for the x30 range which can be secured to a Brodit clip for the dash in your car or a windscreen suction device with a very strong lever - Not cheap but its a quality bit of kit - Mike

Carcomm supply an active mount for the x30 range which can be secured to a Brodit clip for the dash in your car or a windscreen suction device with a very strong lever - Not cheap but its a quality bit of kit - Mike

Many thanks DHN and Mike,

Mike - if you don't mind me asking (assuming you used this Carcomm kit) - if I don't want to hardwire it , can I use the standard sigarette lighter charger that came with TomTom to charge it while driving (it is unclear from the info on the *Net if this craddle has a connection for that)?

Thanks

No you cannot use the existing ciggy lighter plug as the cradle is pre wired via its own supplied cables - Mike

Hi all,

I wonder if people here can let me know which windscreen mounts they use on their TomTom 930's (or any other devices that have similar mounts)?

The problem is that the mount which came with TomTom 930 is no good at all. For my old TomTom I had a mount with a) a lever on a suction cup which made the connection whery strong; b) two pivotal points to have the device in a rigth position; c) power connector on the mount so I won't have to connect/disconnect it from the unit all the time.

New 930 mount has none of that. Are there any alternatives on the market?

Thanks

dash mounted round disk and velcro or 3m fastener under the suction cup really works the best at least for me.

Thanks. So there is no other option but to hardwire it... cant' do it unfortunatelly. Sad, because otherwise the craddle woule be perfect.

No you cannot use the existing ciggy lighter plug as the cradle is pre wired via its own supplied cables - Mike

Not sure where you are Kruzenvax, but here in the US you can get a 12v cigarette lighter plug w/ bare wires to connect to things like the Carcomm mount. All you would need are some quick slide connectors and a crimper. Crimp a quick slide connector into each bare wire on both the 12v lighter plug and to the Carcomm mount. Easy as pie.

^
That's the plug I'm talking about. Just match the red wire from the carcomm mount to the red wire on the plug. Likewise with the ground / black wire.

Ask a Question