Address Number Issue

TomTom Model(s)
Hey there folks,

Luv my TomTom 730 but I'm having one little issue. I add an address which includes street name and number, and it doesn't matter whether I make it a favorite or not when I get to the destination it only shows me street name and not number. I was visiting a friend over the weekend and plugged in her address and when I arrived on her street the TomTom informed me that I have reached my destination,but I had no way of seeing the house number (its pretty embarrassing going door to door). :rolleyes::

Am I doing something wrong? I have the option of showing street addresses on in the system.

HELP!!!!!!!! ;-)

Mark

By saying you have addresses set to show, you mean not only street names but also street numbers before names?

As well, if you Navigate to-->Address-->Street and number, are you able to enter a street number without TT saying 'number not found'? Yet when travelling, it doesn't show that number on the street?

Reply . . .

Yes I have entered a State, City, Street name and street number and it finds it but never shows the number again. Now when I do favorites I will rename it from the full address to a name that makes sense like "La Quinta House" or something else that makes sense. I would just think that the address number would show up again when I reach the place.

And I have never had it NOT find the address or number.

And Yes, street numbers before name is set on.

What BreaMark probably mean was missing street number on his/her FAVORITE???
I don't know that I understand your question correctly but if what I said above is right then ........ you are ......eh, right. That's the way it is when saving FAVORITE. By default TT will keep the whole address you entered but if you rename it (to something that makes sense) it's all up to your responsibility now.
What I did was SAVING the street number along with "make-sense" name, that way, I don't have to go door-to-door.

favorites

if you enter some location as a favorite. first you put in city, then the address, then the number, and then the name. When you put in the Name right after this put in parenthesis the house number. Then when you navigate their it will show house number. sometime I even put in the Final street name and number next to name so I know exactly where I am when you arrive.

Last edited:
I understand your question, I think....

When you make the last turn you want Tomtom to display the house number on the screen so you can look at it and then compare to the house numbers on the road?

This is a gripe I have about mine. If you have "Show next turn" enable it will tell you at the bottom of the screen the road name of the next turn (duh) when you make your final turn it will display the address also (unless the road is very short, which is my gripe).

Or write down the address and double check it when you are arriving...

Is that your question?

However, I dont have a 7xx Tomtom and from what I read it seems like the latest app 8.35 got rid of the feature that shows the next turn in the status bar. Without that I guess you'll have to remember the numbers...

Last edited:
Well . . . after reading all the reply's I guess the simplest thing to do is to add the "number" after the name when I rename it in favorites.

I tried to put the number in brackets like this . . . .
Terry's House (1234) or Terry's House {1234}
but it shows under favorites like . . . .
(1234) Terry's House or {1234} Terry's House.

Rather odd. :eek:

I wonder whether the setting to show street number before name in Preferences-->Street Name Preferences is causing this to happen............

Yep, the only way you'll ever see the number again is if you enter in the house number when you are entering the "name" of the favorite. I had this issue once before when I drove to my friend's house for the first time. I didn't write down her address, instead I had immediately added it as a favorite. When I arrived at her apartment complex, the security guard at the gate wanted to know the house number of the person I was visiting. I looked everywhere in the TomTom but couldn't find it. I had to call her while I had cars behind me waiting to get through. Luckily she answered the phone right away for her to give me the number. I don't want to have to go through that again.

Perhaps we should all email or call tech support and suggest that the house number shows when we enter it in favorites, or as a destination.

Edit : I just now checked on my TomTom. Actually it does show the house number when you view "route details." I don't know if this is new or not, but I swore I wasn't able to see the house number before. Just click on the status bar on the bottom right of your map screen, then click on "Browse as text" then keep on pressing the down arrow until you see your destination. You will see the house number you entered.

Last edited:

Ask a Question