Address number bug

Greetings,
I recently purchased the iPhone app and noticed a pretty big bug that causes the destination to be in the wrong place.

If I pick an address to Navigate to from Contacts, the address number gets put after the street name. For instance, 293 Maple Street becomes Maple Street 293. Then, instead of the destination being in the proper place, it takes you to the beginning of the road. I saw someone else post about this bug on the review page of the App Store. It also happens with some POI's. If I try to add a recent selection to my Favorites, it will cut off the address number entirely.

I don't have the application so I don't know what settings are available on the unit.

I DO know that for my 720, one of the preferences under Street Name Preferences is 'Show house number before street name'.

I don't have the application so I don't know what settings are available on the unit.

I DO know that for my 720, one of the preferences under Street Name Preferences is 'Show house number before street name'.

No, thats not one of the preferences on the app. It's not just a cosmetic problem with the number after the street name. When it does this, it won't bring you to the correct address on the street. It's pretty bad for a GPS to be that inaccurate.

This bug has nothing to do with puttin g the number behind the street name. In Norway we always use the number behing the street name, but the bug is present here also.

What's happening is that it just skips the number completely. And it's not correct that it takes you to the beginning of the street. It takes you to the the plave where you first enter the street. If your route takes you to the end of the street with the highest numbers, that's where it say that your destination is. So it may miss by many miles.

TomTom is aware of the bug and it's on their fix-list.

Yes, thanks for the additional information. Glad to hear it's on their "fix list". Any idea when we might see the fix?

TomTom is aware of the bug and it's on their fix-list.

Sounds like I wasn't the only one who reported this bug. :)

Hopefully they will post a 1.4.2 for these smaller bugs before they do another quarterly release.

I get the same error but only when I use an address from Google or from my contacts

I've not had issues when using Google Local Search navigating me to the wrong place... but yeah, it definitely mangles the contacts.

The official response from TomTom was to enter the address manually until a fix becomes available. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question