Adding Favorites via Current Location error.

When I add a Favorite from My Current Location the TT indicates that the Favorite has been "stored"...So far, so good.

When I attempt to navigate to that stored Favorite from the Favorite list , I get a "No Route Found" notice.

What am I doing wrong?

If that favorite is not on a road...in the middle of a parking lot for example..the tomtom cannot navigate back to it as there is no road to that spot. You don't have to be too far off a road for this to happen.

When I add a Favorite from My Current Location the TT indicates that the Favorite has been "stored"...So far, so good.

When I attempt to navigate to that stored Favorite from the Favorite list , I get a "No Route Found" notice.

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps nothing.

When you save a favourite, it's the lat/long co-ordinates getting stored. However, the TomTom is a **road** gps and, as such, requires the ability to locate roads to get you to a specific spot. So, if you set a favourite in an off road location, TT will save it ok but won't be able to route you back to it.

Well that explains it perfectly. I've been setting My Current Locations from parking lots, maybe several hundred feet from a roadway. I'll try it closer to -- or on the roadway and see what happens. Thanks to Flyer and dhn for the quick help!

Ask a Question