Actual time-of-day not right

Probably a newbie question... when heading for a destination, the bottom of the screen on my 930T has what appears to be a current time and tme-of-arrival. The difference between the two makes sense, but the "current-time" is incorrect... by several hours. How do I reset the current time? And why is this not picked up by "satellite magic"? Even my TV does this!

For some reason, TomTom doesn't choose to guess about the hour, even though for the most part, it is predictable based upon time of year and longitude. But look at a world map with time zones sometime. It doesn't slice cleanly. The first time after purchase or a hard reset, you'll need to set the hours yourself from the configuration menus.

Hard reset?

Thanks for the super-swift reply canderson... much appreciated.

Does this mean that the changes each year into and out of Daylight Saving Time will also mean hard resets? It's kind of hard to believe!

I can live with losing my preferences, I guess, but I won't lose all my current maps, and the time to install them, will I?

Thanks again.

Does this mean that the changes each year into and out of Daylight Saving Time will also mean hard resets? It's kind of hard to believe!
No - what I was saying is that the time needs to be reset for brand new units and after any hard reset (or factory reset) has been done - two things that very rarely occur. But do understand that your unit will not make any allowance for daylight time, and you'll need to reset the hour twice a year to deal with that. There's almost never any reason for the kind of reset we're talking about.
[/quote]

Ask a Question