absolutely no sound on battery?

batt at 40%, absolutely no sound

when dock it, sound came back.

any idea?

was fine yesterday, suddenly happened this morning.

I'm betting your problem is your battery level. When my battery gets below about 50% the sound starts rattling and just below that it quits completely. When you dock it the stand provides power so the sound works correctly.

Also do us a favor and add your unit to you sig so we'll know which unit you're using. You'll get better responses that way. :)

Certainly when the battery is low (under 50% or lower) and the unit is not on a car charger, users have noticed: staticy sounds out of the computer voices, muffled words and even more instances of the 'stuttering'.

Generating the computer sounds does seem to take a great deal of cpu processing power and, therefore, more battery drain.

It follows then that any sound generation by the unit will stress the battery and, conversely, the lower the battery power, the worse the sound.

I seem to remember that the indicator for battery usage (showing the 40%) is NOT a precise measuring tool.

So.......it just seems that you've hit a threshold of battery level below which it doesn't have the 'oomph' to create the sounds.

One of our battery gurus like GAW or canderson may see this thread and provide much better insight than I.

(I'm ususally lucky if I remember what end of the batteries is placed down in my flashlight. :( )

so if I change to human voice, it will last util device out of power ?

I can't imagine a device go silent completely with batt in orange. my ONE-XL go down to last sec of batt with human voice....

I need to start working

any ideas, please do post them, I will come back and try them all.

Ask a Question