A question need ans please

hi can anyone heelp me pls. i have tomtom one xl, its working fine but the only problem with it is when it askes for a postcode to search and i enter the postcode it doesnt show the road name but it shows the area name like for example when i enter wv6 0 it should say leicester st wolverhampton, but it only shows wolverhamton not the road name.
could anyone please help me to fix this problem. thanks

Welcome to the forum, for a start make sure you are using Navigate To/ Address/ Postcode (this is on the second page of options from the Nav To/ Address menu page, if you try entering a postcode in to the address/ street option it will behave in the way you describe.
If you are using the Nav To/ Address/ PostCode option and its not working correctly connect the device to the PC and use Windows Explorer to view the files/ folders on the device, locate the folder named "zip" and open it, are there any files in the zip folder? If not you can use the TomTom Home software to add the postcode data to the device - Mike

tomtom one xl

Welcome to the forum, for a start make sure you are using Navigate To/ Address/ Postcode (this is on the second page of options from the Nav To/ Address menu page, if you try entering a postcode in to the address/ street option it will behave in the way you describe.
If you are using the Nav To/ Address/ PostCode option and its not working correctly connect the device to the PC and use Windows Explorer to view the files/ folders on the device, locate the folder named "zip" and open it, are there any files in the zip folder? If not you can use the TomTom Home software to add the postcode data to the device - Mike

thanks for your quick reply
i am going to try the above and see if its going to work. and will let you know if it works or not.:)

need an ans pls

thanks for your quick reply
i am going to try the above and see if its going to work. and will let you know if it works or not.:)

hi again, i have tried with the way you have told me and its not working so could you please let me know how to download that postcode thing into this tomtom. thanks

Ask a Question