930 - continuous reboot after upgrde to map 845

As it says in the subject line, after I upgraded my 930 to the new map and restored my previous mapconfig, it went into a continuous reboot cycle

Seems I read somewhere a long time ago there is fix for this but I can not find it.

Help please

Thanks

Preston

Connect the device to your PC and open the drive lettar associated with the TomTom, next open the Western_Europe map folder and locate the file "MapSettings.cfg" which needs to be deleted, the device will create a new MapSettings.cfg file when it next boots up, you will have to re-enter your Home address and any POI warnings you had configured - Mike

Thank you Mike.

I lost my favorites, Car image, and POI alerts as you said

The main thing is that the 930 is working OK now

Thanks again,

Preston

Glad to hear that little issue is resolved, to prevent it occuring again stop using Favourites! - You can create a custom POI file that can offer far greater options such as phone numbers and no realistic limit to the individual locations stored within the custom POI file - Well worth considering, name your custom POI Category "_My_Favourites" (notice the _ at the beginning of the file name, this puts the category at the top of the list making it easy to locate when driving) - Mike

A new navcore for the x20/x30's may release today according to our British cousins, v8.393. No idea of what it's intended to fix/change.

That application is a truck/work app that shouldn't be getting released to consumers since it requires the appropriate map to function.

I've tried all the truck/work apps (8.390, 8.391, 8.392, 8.393).

None of them have auto-adjust-volume fixed, so I'm staying with 8.302.

8.392 still had the 3-day bluetooth handsfree crashing, haven't stayed long enough on 8.393 (because of the auto-volume) to see if that was fixed.

Thanks DHN. If I checked just a tiny bit I should have noticed that's a work version that continues to be offered to some owners for who knows what reason.

In that case I won't mention the model announcement coming in just a few days. That might be off too.:confused:

In that case I won't mention the model announcement coming in just a few days. That might be off too.:confused:

I've never seen Tomtom release a bluetooth model in the US that wasn't foreshadowed at least 2 months in advance on the FCC site. And if it's not bluetooth capable, I'm personally not interested... :)

Hopefully a 940/950. Does anyone from Europe know if the bottom of the 950 has an FCCID on it? By any chance is it "GO740"? If so, then they could squeeze in a 950 or 940 under the 740's approval without any FCC foreshadowing.

Ask a Question