920T and Blackberry Curve (8300)

Has anyone even been able to get the 920T and the Curve (8300) to even pair up (let alone wireless data)??

This is making me :(

Yes I have. You have to go into Bluetooth options on the phone and make sure that it is set to discoverable. By default this setting is off. I haven't been able to get it to do Traffic yet.

Yes I have. You have to go into Bluetooth options on the phone and make sure that it is set to discoverable. By default this setting is off. I haven't been able to get it to do Traffic yet.

You are a genius! Thank you for the tip to make the phone discoverable. Worked like a charm!!

Rob

I really have not tried. If you get anywhere with PLUS, please post.

Thanks,
Rob

I'll keep working on it this weekend. I'll let you know if ic an get it to work. Once i get it to work with my Pearl, I'm going to try with my Curve, 8800, and 8700 as well. Yes, I'm a crackberry addict.

Will

I'll keep working on it this weekend. I'll let you know if ic an get it to work. Once i get it to work with my Pearl, I'm going to try with my Curve, 8800, and 8700 as well. Yes, I'm a crackberry addict.

Will

How much is the PLUS service? Is it available in the US?

Blackberry 8830 and 920t

I got my plus services to work with my Blackberry 8830 World Edition on Sprint Service. Since sprint is not an option in the configuration menu I selected Cingular. I then selected the Blackberry 8100 model since it is the only one listed in the configuration. It then asked for my user name and password which I put in my TOMTOM Home credentials and it worked to my surprise.

I got my plus services to work with my Blackberry 8830 World Edition on Sprint Service. Since sprint is not an option in the configuration menu I selected Cingular. I then selected the Blackberry 8100 model since it is the only one listed in the configuration. It then asked for my user name and password which I put in my TOMTOM Home credentials and it worked to my surprise.

what did you put for apn, etc?

If you know of a way to see the setting in a screen menu somewhere I would be happy to pull it up and post it. I really wasn't execting this to work so I just plugged away testing and didn't keep track of it.

Sprint Blackberry 8830 and tomtom 920 plus services

I had this working for a while on Sprint 8830 and I had to change out phones due to a malfunction. With a new Sprint 8830 I could not get this working again. After trying several settings and logins, i tried again after a month and it worked.

This is what I did

I updated the 8830 to version 2.2.2.196
tomtom 920 version 7.481
Setup services on the TomTom - Selected Tmobile (I) and blackberry 8100 Yes, I am using Sprint
Everything else was automatic. Put in username and password for Tomtom plus and it started working. No settings for apn etc were entered. Maybe Tmobile will work for you. I did see a release on one of the forums that Tmobile Blackberry was now supported as of a few months ago.

Ask a Question