920 - Home Software Lacks Itinerary Planning

Today I tried to plan & enter my Itinerary for an overseas trip using the HOME software for my 920. The Itinerary function was not even an option on the HOME software. A call to tech support was passed to level 2 and was told this function was removed from the 920 and that the 920 unit itself should not even be showing this option. Is this correct?

Does anyones HOME software on their computer show Itinerary planning function? (when operating the 920 with the HOME computer software)

Last edited:
Today I tried to plan & enter my Itinerary for an overseas trip using the HOME software for my 920. The Itinerary function was not even an option on the HOME software. A call to tech support was passed to level 2 and was told this function was removed from the 920 and that the 920 unit itself should not even be showing this option. Is this correct?

Does anyones HOME software on their computer show Itinerary planning function? (when operating the 920 with the HOME computer software)

The 720 (which I have) has the same TTHome software as the 920. When using the Operate My Go option, the Itinerary Planning icon is on page 2 of 3 of the main (not preferences) menu.

Do you by any chance have the preference icon to show fewer icons selected? Other than that, I don't know what to say (other than Rhode scholar candidates clearly don't work at TomTom support :( )

Sorry.........just a thought...........since it is for overseas, you do have the unit select the correct map, right? (don't know whether than makes a difference ...)

Last edited:
I do have the unit set to show all icons and the itinerary button is on the unit just not the home software. I am missing this option on any of the main menus when using the home software. The "funny" thing is when I start the home software and click operate your go the simulator flashes a quick message that says "Welcome to Go 720" even though the unit is a 920.

I do have the unit set to show all icons and the itinerary button is on the unit just not the home software. I am missing this option on any of the main menus when using the home software. The "funny" thing is when I start the home software and click operate your go the simulator flashes a quick message that says "Welcome to Go 720" even though the unit is a 920.
I had previously used a 720 with TT Home. Now I'm using a 920. When I connect it I get the message "Welcome to Go 520". Everything works fine but on "operate my go" there are some options missing that I know are on the device itself. I believe this is because of the "520" identification. I think this is just a glitch with TT Home. I pretty much ignore it.
John

I just talked to tomtom again they found the problem. The new 920 application removed this functionality. I was given the old 920 application to downgrade my unit with so I can use the Home software for the itinerary planning.

Seems strange to me that tomtom is removing functions.

Ask a Question