Having trouble using tom tom home with GO 920

Hi, trying to pre load some destinations before we travel to Europe (We live in Australia)

I've connected to the computer and all good, did updates required but when I select "operate my go" to make adjustments etc on the PC it won't let me select any of the 4 maps? Comes up with a message that says

PROBLEM WITH MAP, YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE, WESTERN-AND-CENTRAL-EUROPE-8

We have four maps that were pre loaded with the GPS. I'm hoping you don't have a limited use on them? Can anyone help?

Many thanks Craig

Ad

Advertisements

mikealder

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
Craig, forget using the useless Home software for the time being, try going to Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch maps and see if the device lists all four maps and if so can you select them for use? Do this directly on the device - Mike

mikealder

TomTom Model(s)
Does this mean you can open and use all four maps on the device then? - Mike

Can't open maps

Yeah, can open them on the device and work on the device but can't do much because I'm indoors and no signal. If I go into Tomtom home it wont let me select a map. It had a fix there for Mac where you delete history files but I can't find any directories or files on the computer that they say to delete? Would be handy to use on the PC but from the sound of it Mike it's not a good program?

mikealder

TomTom Model(s)
it's not a good program?
If its as good as you claim in the above quote then it must have improved a lot!! - Seriously there are a whole raft of different issues and reasons I avoid using it where ever possible, the PC version isn't as bad as the version for the MAC so sadly you have a compounded problem of MAC + Home = problems.

If you have the maps working on the device I would leave it well alone and enjoy using the device on your European trip, bear in mind if you do select a map outside of your actual location and the device grabs a GPS position it will offer to switch across to a more suitable one such as the Australian map assuming you are still at home - Mike

Ad

Advertisements

mvl

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
Home on a 920 properly recognizes legitimate maps.

I suspect you purchased a black market device with hacked software and hacked maps. There have been many of those in Australia lately.

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
Home on a 920 properly recognizes legitimate maps.

I suspect you purchased a black market device with hacked software and hacked maps. There have been many of those in Australia lately.
And I agree, mvl. If the poster is correct in that he got the unit with four maps preloaded, then something is not right. A legitimate 920/930 Aussie version comes with three maps: Oz, NA and Western_Europe.