920 Favorites lost

TomTom Model(s)
I have updated my 920 to 8.35 and map V 825.2157. When I did this of course I lost favorites. I
I then went to my backup and transfered MapSettings .cnf. It worked fine on home in Run my Go.
When I remove Go from the computer and try to start it all that happens is that I get the first screen then it goes to the green screen then after awhile it comes back to the first screen. I have tried downloads three times,formated and all the stuff, the only thing that makes it run right is to replace MapSetting.cfg with the
one that came with the down load and of course wipes out my favorites.

Anyone any ideas????

Use POIEdit to open the old MapSettings.cfg file and edit the locations then save the file in ov2 format, put this in your v825 map folder and instead of Favourites use the POI options, this is a much easier and future proof way to operate. You can also add phone numbers to the POI File so its more versatile to use. You can download POIEdit from Here - Don't bother trying to get the old MapSettings file working with your new map it simply won't work - Mike

Ask a Question