920 920T bluetooth Motorola E815

has anyone successfully used a Motorola E815 cell phone with Verizon as the network with the Tomtom 920 or 920T ?

not listed as bluetooth compatible on tomtom site, but found some forum references to using with other previous Tomtom 700 series...

thanks

Last edited:
Andy

I bit the bullet on the assumption I could get the E815 phone to link (based on some info on this and other forums) and bought the TT920 from Costco a few weeks ago. I haven't used it much, but I did easily get it to pair with my Verizon Motorola E815. I can make and receive calls and pulled in my contacts list from the phone.

I don't have any 'data' service with the phone so I don't know about the PLUS features, but I since bought the add on traffic RDS and it seems to work OK, but again haven't tested it much yet.

do you have Verizon phone service too with your E815?

I just followed the TT instructions, but as I remember had to set phone to find me mode (under tools and connections) and TT to find phone mode and they found each other. Also need to be sure have Enabled bluetooth on TT.

good luck!
Alan

yes, I do have Verizon.

Amazing...yesterday (first day of 920 ownership) I could not get the two to connect. Doing everything identically today....it hooked right up and transferred my phone book without any problems.

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

You will need to call verizon and add the PAM services (Phone As a Modem) they will also charge you for data @ $1.99/MB if you don't subscribe to the data service.

Ask a Question