910 ?'s

Hi All, Why can't I connect my IPod to my 910? I have the right cable for it, and when I plug it to each other and tap the music picture on the 910 it says to connect the IPod, but it's already connected and then nothing happens?

Also, why is my street missing from the maps when my neighbors street is located?

I have a 910 and the ipod is not an issue for me. Did you buy a generic cable for the ipod or one from TomTom.? I know that when the 910 first came out someone sold cables that suggested running it through the mike input and from the mini plug audio out. It worked but not well. The correct cable plugs into the bottom of the ipod. The only time I ever had a problem doing a reset worked.
Regarding missing streets..unfortunately we hear about that all the time. TomTom's response was, to me anyway, that newer streets were not always on the map but that was not the case as some roads missing were actually older.
Perhaps someone else has an idea about the ipod. The map question probably has no solution.

910 issues with my IPod

What I have is a "generic" cord that I use to hook my IPod to my shelf stereo (boom box) and it works fine ... so I used that to hook to my 910 and I tap the Music icon and it just goes to a screen that says to connect the IPod ... but it is already connected ... and it just sits there doing nothing but "waiting" for me to connect the IPod ... any thoughts? I would really love to be able to take my IPod on an upcoming trip this weekend and would love to use my IPod music instead of the radio ... help!! :>)

My understanding is that generic connectors won't work, only the one specifically designed for a TT. The problem is that they aren't readily available anymore.

You need the TomTom iPOD cable for this to work, these are getting rather difficult to locate these days, if you look at the car dock on one side there are three sockets the center one being power input, the socket nearest the windscreen on the same side of the dock is what needs to be connected to the iPOD as this offers the serial data connection needed for iPOD control from the nav device - Mike

The plug is unique to TomTom as the connector that goes in to the mount has six connections on it, four are on the center pin and two further electrical contacts are contained within the outer barrel of the plug, I have never seen this cnnector available from any third party source and I have spent quite a few hours looking for it! - Mike

This is the part you need which contains a data lead (to control the iPOD) and an audio lead in the same packet, there are quite a few listed on e-bay - Mike

Ask a Question