8gb card

Just bought 8GB SD card for my tomtom 720...ot woking at all...shall i format the card first and how? Thank!:confused:

SDHC cards won't work in most older SD card readers. If yours is built into the computer or more than a year old it is likely it won't read SDHC and you'll need to pick up a card reader that supports that format.

SDHC cards won't work in most older SD card readers. If yours is built into the computer or more than a year old it is likely it won't read SDHC and you'll need to pick up a card reader that supports that format.

Thanks..to make things easier I returned the card:p

I attach the 720 to the computer and I get a K: drive as a removable drive and L: as INTERNAL (the 720 files). When I plug the SD card into the 720 slot nothing happens but I can plug it into the SD slot on the computer it gets recognized. My 720 App is ver 7.481.

I am using a desk machine running Vista with a card reader, my lap running XP will not read the card but its a couple years old so it may not read the SDHC cards.

When I install a 2GB card in the 720 it pops right up so I know the slot is OK.

I am using a desk machine running Vista with a card reader, my lap running XP will not read the card but its a couple years old so it may not read the SDHC cards.

What you need is a new SDHC reader. Make sure you get a good one too. I got one from Buy.com that cost less than $1 but it doesn't work with SDHC at all.

What you need is a new SDHC reader. Make sure you get a good one too. I got one from Buy.com that cost less than $1 but it doesn't work with SDHC at all.
I'm OK with the XP laptop not reading the card, I can get by just having the Vista desk machine reading the card. What I want is the 720 to read the card and it won't.

Ask a Question