730-How many computer voices?

I just got a 730. It only has one compter voice, Susan. She chops up a lot of streets around here and cannot even pronouce avenue. Isn't there supposed to be more than one TTS voice on the 730? I don't see any to download.

Found it.

I called TomTom and they helped me. I didn't go far enough into the Home menus. I didn't see Computer Voices on the last page.

In Home, Add Maps/Voices. Now, arrow right 2 pages. You'll see Computer Voices. Four are available by default: 2m and 2 f.

In Home, Add Maps/Voices. Now, arrow right 2 pages. You'll see Computer Voices. Four are available by default: 2m and 2 f.
That is in English. ISTR that there are also at least 2 f and 1 m in French and at least one Spanish.

Correct.........I assumed the question referred to English speaking Computer Voices.

Correct.........I assumed the question referred to English speaking Computer Voices.
Funny as it is, I was just in a German forum where a moderator cautioned about buying cheap units in North America via mail order.
He said that they wouldn't be able to get TTS voices in German.
Set my HOME to German and found that I could download a male and a female German TTS voice.
Cheers,

Set my HOME to German and found that I could download a male and a female German TTS voice.Cheers,

Just found the spam new post in my eMail notification. Clicking on it I see my above post.

Serendipity? Called my BIL for his birthday yesterday and he tells me my sister and he will visit again next year.

Tried the German TTS yesterday and again found it not to clip off the last syllable of a street name as badly as English ones.
I think I'll leave it on for a bit and, when she complains, tell SWMBO that I'm just following orders.

Could you not have also gotten the availability of German speaking computer voices by going to the Computer Voices icon in Home, selecting 'all' rather than 'default' for the listing of comp voices available? Wouldn't need to switch locations, I think.

Could you not have also gotten the availability of German speaking computer voices by going to the Computer Voices icon in Home, selecting 'all' rather than 'default' for the listing of comp voices available? Wouldn't need to switch locations, I think.
Nothing to do with the language being used.
I don't think you can switch [Default] to [All].
You can switch [Recommended] to [All] to be offered the complete list.

Remember as I said above, I was not adding to my post of September 20.
I clicked on the link in my eMail notification, getting me to this thread.

Are you happy with the quality of computer voices. I am not. Most often even common names like Winston Churchill Boulevard get mangled. I;ve tried the English US and English voices both male and female.

I saw in another thread on this forum that this has more to do with Loquendo than TT. So i dont expect any improvement in this situation.

Sad

dar

Ask a Question