730 flashing- to flash or not to flash?

tech support says i need to "flash the unit 3 times" first i don't know what flashing is or what it does- the FM still will not transmit to the radio- it does connect with it because i can hear the TT "drums" so it does work- but the voice reverts back to the unit-even with the FM on- i do not understand how flashing will help- and my guess is i am going to lose my blue tooth connections from my rv3- which i had a heck of a time connecting- so i hope some one can explain if its really advisable to follow there advice on flashing-

tech support says i need to "flash the unit 3 times" first i don't know what flashing is or what it does- the FM still will not transmit to the radio- it does connect with it because i can hear the TT "drums" so it does work- but the voice reverts back to the unit-even with the FM on- i do not understand how flashing will help- and my guess is i am going to lose my blue tooth connections from my rv3- which i had a heck of a time connecting- so i hope some one can explain if its really advisable to follow there advice on flashing-

First what model do you have and what app & map are you running.
I had tried the 8.204 app on my 920 and everything worked fine other that FM.

With 8.30 FM will not give directions via radio only Mp3's & audiobooks.

If you haven't done an Explorer back up of your unit please do that before you make any changes . you can always revert to this point if you loose your phone settings.
Link

Have a look at this, it should help explain things as far as flash tool goes. ( it works with all aps & models )
Click_here

Last edited:
Clear_flash and pin resets do not delete anything - only helps get units working properly at times.

Ask a Question