720 or XLS?

If you are looking for more features that relaly don't add to the basic GPS then get the GO 720. It has the FM transmitter, photos, mp3 player etc. Otherwise you save a few bucks with the XLS. I think you really can't go wrong with either one.

What map less detail are we talking about?

I would love to compare the two side-by-side but the maps of the US and Canada and POI files for the XL-S are smaller. Since both are smaller they are probably giving up something.

I was NOT impressed with the 720 poi database, it's only 60megs in size. The 920 POI database is ~250 megs, and it's comparable to the Garmin Nuvi POI database.

Maps and POIs are why I buy a car GPS. What's the point of knowing where you are if you don't know what's around you?

I can't speak for the maps. It would be interesting to sit with each unit side by side.

I would love to compare the two side-by-side but the maps of the US and Canada and POI files for the XL-S are smaller. Since both are smaller they are probably giving up something.

I was NOT impressed with the 720 poi database, it's only 60megs in size. The 920 POI database is ~250 megs, and it's comparable to the Garmin Nuvi POI database.

Maps and POIs are why I buy a car GPS. What's the point of knowing where you are if you don't know what's around you?

I can't speak for the maps. It would be interesting to sit with each unit side by side.
Better yet, hold out for the 930

Ask a Question