630 Question

I used the "search" button and "all open forums" with 630 and it returned nada. It says Go 630 on the box, and on the screen. What's up with that? I was looking for the "do this first idiot' FAQ.

THX JHS

The forum names could use some renaming, yes. There are so many models getting pumped out that sometimes it is hard to keep up. :mad:

Anyway, while there is no FAQ thread here, it's good you've asked.

First, out of the box, charge your unit for 2 to 4 hours.

Before doing anything else, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Consider this your 'safety net' ;) [in the case of a Mac, use Finder]

Also make a full backup (to a different folder, of course) every time you've added an application or a map update.

Many problems users encounter are as a result of incorrect disconnecting of the unit from the computer. Use Home's Device-->Disconnect.

Users should download and read the manuals for their units. The link is here. (In the case of a 630, I guess the 730 manual may be the one to refer to).

Take some trips with your unit. See what it can do for you, and what it appears not to be able to.

Don't be reluctant to come here for help. Always many helpful members willing to assist. The 7x forum is appropriate for your 630 model since, with some limitations, that's what your model is close to in features.

All TomToms are meant to be used in conjunction with the included car charger. While they can, and do, run on battery only, don't count on real-life use much more than two hours at best.

Anyway, it's a start for you. And welcome to TTF!

Ask a Question