New GO630 user questions and issues

Hello,
New here and just bought a TomTom Go630. I have upgraded to the latest map with the map guarantee and I did back up prior to upgrading with Windows Explorer. My questions and issues:
1. Tomtom does not connect to Home 2 anymore. The computer says it has not recognized the usb device and the device has malfunctioned. Should I update anything else for the unit to connect to Home?
2. The nav unit does not tell me if my destination is on the right or left. It just says that I have arrived at the destination. I was trying to find a restaurant on a street with a bunch of strip malls on both sides and the unit just stating that "you have reached" does not help. Is there any setting I can change to make this better?

thanks.
K

Try hard reset on the TT. Shut off, hold the pin reset and at same time, hold the power button. Keep both pressed for at least 10-15 seconds then release. Wait a minute or 2 then power-up by pressing/holding the power button.

That should do the trick.

Take notice of the "Finish Line Banner Marker" as it will be on the right or left side of the road indicating your destination. Took awhile for me to figure this one out!!!

HTH,

Ask a Question