630 Navigation Issues

I had a LG730 unit before I bought the 630 about 2 weeks ago. Took it out on a trip this past week and had a couple of strange things happen.

1. Navigating to a location within a small town. Programed the route and was instructed to turn left at the light. Had to stop on red, but the car on the TomTom went right through the light and then the unit recalculated a different route. Any idea why this would happen?

2. On the way home the unit picked a strange route to get to my house. It had 12 minutes left on that route and I decided to go my route and it shaved 4 minutes off the time. Can't understand why it would use a longer route? The roads I took were highways with no traffic problems ever! Any ideas.

Do you think something might be wrong with my Tomtom?

I presume you've updated the unit to the latest (840) map?

Was the stoplight issue at a point where there was a weak (or loss of) gps signal by any chance?

What planning preferences do you have set and is IQ routing enabled or disabled?

I have updated the map. I didn't look to see the signal strength, but there was no reason for it to be week. I have IQ routes on, but am thinking to try it with it off.

I've seen where the Tomtom drives through an intersection with weak signal, or sometimes the map is drawn a few feet off so Tomtom thinks you're on the other side of the intersection.

If you want to post a sample start/end point on your strange route, I can look it up. There are a few bugs with IQrouting that cause non-perfect routing, and I can probably figure out which bug it is and suggest a workaround.

Ask a Question