550 XXL Processor

I've been looking at the 550. Costco should have a good deal on it in the next few days. I currently own a 140S that I've been very happy with. My map updates have expired and I'm getting the new unit instead of continuing to pay for them Traffic is a nice bonus.

I was wondering if the x50 versions are using the same processor and chipset as the x40. Wikipedia doesn't make mention of the 350 & 550, but it does show the 550 GO that has a faster processor.

I've been looking at the 550. Costco should have a good deal on it in the next few days. I currently own a 140S that I've been very happy with. My map updates have expired and I'm getting the new unit instead of continuing to pay for them Traffic is a nice bonus.

I was wondering if the x50 versions are using the same processor and chipset as the x40. Wikipedia doesn't make mention of the 350 & 550, but it does show the 550 GO that has a faster processor.

Sorry to say that the XXL 550 still uses the same 266 MHz processor found in your 140S. I was looking into getting a XXL 540 WTE but was turned off when I found out it uses the same 266 MHz processor my old 130S had. Most newer GO series use a 400 MHz processor and the newest GO 1XXX/2XXX series uses a 500 MHz ARM 11 processor.

Thanks for the info. It's not a speedy processor, but it gets the job done. I'm looking at the 550tm.

I'm hoping the keyboard isn't as sensitive as my 140. That's my only complaint with it. I'll usually input a letter two or three times when entering an address.

I just test drove a Nuvi 1390 for comparison purposes. It had traffic included as well as bluetooth, which was nice. Trouble was that it didn't seem to do as good a job calculating routes as the TomTom with IQ routes. IQR makes a difference in the Washington D.C. area where we typically talk about distances in time to arrive which varies wildly depending on the time of the day. The nuvi underestimates the time it takes to travel on secondary roads.

Ask a Question