510 and backup issue

Hi everyone, I did a search of this and could not find a similar thread, so here goes... Just bought a 510, so far pretty happy with it, although I have had garmin units in the past, and the tomtom seams a bit glitchy at times. But overall pretty happy with it. My problem is when I go to do a back up of my tomtom on my mac (500MHz powerpc g3/OSX 10.3.9) the backup process stops at about 2%. Tried twice, and both times nothing. Go to eject the device and I get the spinning beach ball (same as pc hourglass). I did install a couple of voices before I did the back up. Any suggestions how to complete the backup process? Thanks.

Just copy the files without going thru TomTom Home (Window's version is cranky, Mac's is even worse).
As long as you don't miss any hidden files - it should be good.
The last time I used Home is to upgrade the map.
Everything else (including third party programs like TripMaster, or POI ...) you can just drag & drop.

Just copy the files without going thru TomTom Home (Window's version is cranky, Mac's is even worse).
As long as you don't miss any hidden files - it should be good.
The last time I used Home is to upgrade the map.
Everything else (including third party programs like TripMaster, or POI ...) you can just drag & drop.

I wondered about doing it that way...
So, gave it a try, and worked fine. Thanks much.

Ask a Question