2535TM unable to calculate route and other problem

After I finished downloading 865 map Friday night (I had to do it twice, see the sticky thread regarding map version 865).

I tried to use the 2535 to an address in downtown LA. But it would tell me unable to find a route to this location. :mad:So I tried to navigate to my apartment. Again it told me it was unable to calculate the route. Holding the power button for 15 seconds cleared the problem. Has any one has encountered similar problem?

Then in the evening while I was driving 2535 went into night time display mode twice:frusty: (it is set to always use day time display)
without me touching the screen. Has this happened to you at all?

It seems to me 2535 TM with its bright screen is not as stable as the 340TM.

I need to go on a 10 hour drive tomorrow, after that I'll put the update on my device. Will post the results

Just updated my device, worked from the first time, and seems to do everything it needs to do without a problem.

I tried to use the 2535 to an address in downtown LA. But it would tell me unable to find a route to this location. :mad:So I tried to navigate to my apartment. Again it told me it was unable to calculate the route. Holding the power button for 15 seconds cleared the problem. Has any one has encountered similar problem?

I've seen the "no route found" error when planning a route through lots of traffic. It seems so be a false warning, because the route to my destination still is present.

Then in the evening while I was driving 2535 went into night time display mode twice:frusty: (it is set to always use day time display)
without me touching the screen. Has this happened to you at all?

Was it night colors, or just night dimming? There's a battery saving setting which auto-dims the screen if you have more than 2 miles to your next turn.

It definitely went into nighttime display mode, not dimming.

Anyway I returned it and got a replacement unit. Uploaded the map version 870 without a hitch (unlike map 865, I got an internal device error msg, please contact tomtom).

Have not try the new unit yet. Will do so this weekend.

Ask a Question