2505 'Not Connected'

TomTom Model(s)
2505TM
TomTomHome for Mac doesn't recognize 2505. Cycled power on both 2505 and Mac. Redownloaded TomTomHome and MyTomTomSA. :mad: Help Please!

Try resetting the TomTom, press and hold the on/ off button until the device restarts with a drum roll then try connecting to the Mac - Mike

TomTomHome No Device Connected...

Hey Thanks, but still no luck...
MyTomTomSA (3.01.190) will connect, but TomTomHome2maclatest (2.8.0.1019) will not connect. It's the latest version. I've downloaded it three times now. I've tried Direct connect and Auto Detect in the Preferences, Connection tab. :confused: What is the difference between MyTomTomSA and TomTomHome2 anyway? Also, what is TomTomNetworkReporter? Thanks.

Last edited:
Found it!

MyTomTom Update
To improve the future usability of our devices, TomTom has begun merging our device update software with the tomtom.com website. When complete, this will ensure a more robust and fully-integrated user interface, with the potential for new services and solutions in the future. As with migrations of this nature, this roll out will span several months, which means some functionalities are temporarily unavailable. We will keep you updated as new functionalities become available.

The GO 2405, GO 2505, and Sony XNV use the MyTomTom software for updates.

Latest Map Guarantee - the latest and most complete map available is pre-installed on your device. You are entitled to one free map if a new map should become available within 30 days of purchasing your navigation device.

The following functionality is not yet available:

Backing up
Adding POIs
Purchasing maps
Downloading voices
Managing maps
Activating promotions (service cards, etc)
Map Share corrections
Sharing favorites
Speed cameras
MyTomTom will offer any updates automatically once they are available for your device.

So, Anyone with a 2505 can scrap TomTomHome and just roll with the MyTomTomSA, but must wait for the rest of the services to become available.:( (You would think this would be noted in the technical support docs!)

Users have posted that they have indeed gotten the current (860) maps this week when connecting to MyHome 3.

The other stuff? Not yet............

Normally I'd say to call support at 866-486-6866. Their lines are down temporarily.

When you connect your unit to the computer, it should try to open a page that represents My Home 3, at least on a pc.

But a pc also needs the latest version of Adobe Flash to make the web page function properly. I don't know if Macs need the same thing.

Anyway, try calling later.

Hey, When I connect to my Mac, MyTomTom opens up. I have an email into support to hopefully clear this up...

Good question ...where are you getting the HOME 3..latest version is HOME 2.8 just came out a few days ago, besides 2405 and 2505 need MY TOMTOM Driver to get the updates because the two units are network adapters in configuation using the computer as a connection to the internet to get the downloads from the server direct to the device...no stops on the computer for the downloads and copy to device... no more computer configuration errors (Spyware and Firewall) and less owner errors. No ability for the inexperienced owner to go into the files and muck things up. Therefore less trouble shooting for the units....1) reset...2) check updates...3) replacement of device.

You need MyTomtom for all the app 10.x devices, such as the 4-digit GO models, and the Tomtom VIA.

All other Tomtom models have app 9.x or lower, and use HOME 2.x.

To get MyTomtom for the Mac:
- Go to www.tomtom.com/getstarted
- choose the flag that represents your country
- under the big "Download now for Windows" button, click the "Different operating system" link
- then click the "Download for MacOSX link"

Hey, Here's the official reply from TomTom:
"I understand that the GO 2505 connects only with MYTomTom. We regret any inconvenience caused to you. Please rest assured that I will do my best to answer your query.

As per the email received I can assume that you are unable to use all the features as they are still awaiting a launch.

Our Senior Support is working on this issue and the same will be rectified pretty soon. I would strongly recommend you to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter so that whenever any updates are available in this matter, you will be the first one to know about it. If you choose to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter then please visit the following web page:

Signing up for the TomTom newsletter "

Looks like case closed.

MyTomTom Update
The following functionality is not yet available:

Backing up
Adding POIs
Purchasing maps
Downloading voices
Managing maps
Activating promotions (service cards, etc)
Map Share corrections
Sharing favorites
Speed cameras
MyTomTom will offer any updates automatically once they are available for your device.

This is outrageous and surely contrary to consumer legislation. It is like releasing a car and saying "we are working on an update of our systems and as soon as the wheels are available we will send them to you":mad:

This is a result of rushing a product to market, in order not to lose sales, without having the supporting software in place. When you buy a Navigator you are not just buying the hardware but the software as well. In effect we have been cheated and promised the rest of our purchase at some undefined time in the future.

I bought a TT as a gift on behalf of my mother in law to give to my brother in law and now I must send it back because it won't work in his language despite advertising all languages are available and downloadable. All previous models had all voices pre-installed.

This is going to cost TomTom a heap of sales as the word gets out. I am embarrasses and as mad as hell.:mad:

Last edited:
Brutal

I totally agree. This sucks. The TT maps are WAY out of date in my city and I can't update anything. There are major highways and even my community is missing from their maps. How can Google maps be way better than TomToms? I feel totally ripped off. :mad:

Google and Tomtom use separate maps in the USA. So even the latest map Tomtom 860 might be missing the roads you're looking for.

If you post specific roads, I can check if they're on map 860 on my Tomtom.

I think this will have a chilling effect on future sales. People are going to be mad about buying a product that grows older each day towards end of warranty while the basic services the system should have as advertised are 'being engineered'.

A question comes to mind here. What if they just can't get this new system to work well ever? How do they know it will work if they don't have all this working already? Theory?
'It should work'?

First the stumble - then they fall. If all this was to avoid a fee to Microsoft for FAT32 I'd say penny wise pound foolish.

This is outrageous and surely contrary to consumer legislation. It is like releasing a car and saying "we are working on an update of our systems and as soon as the wheels are available we will send them to you":mad:

This is a result of rushing a product to market, in order not to lose sales, without having the supporting software in place. When you buy a Navigator you are not just buying the hardware but the software as well. In effect we have been cheated and promised the rest of our purchase at some undefined time in the future.
:

Problem with Mac connecting to MyTomTom

I think I have found the solution to this problem. For some reason, when you first connect your TomTom to your Mac, the Mac thinks it is a network card and adds it as a network interface in the Networks Preferences Panel.

Pull down the Apple Menu to System Preference.
Click on the Network preference spanel.

If you see the TomTom showing up in the left hand pane, highlight it and hit the minus (-) symbol at the bottom left to delete it. Save and close.

MyTomTom should now connect to the internet and allow you to register and download updates.

Ask a Question