1535tm - "high speed routing"?

Yes. There are a couple of new files that come with each map set for all Nav3 units (yours is one) that provide some pre-defined point to point routing for longer journeys. This saves the unit from having to investigate every possible alternative when certain choices would be obvious. Remember though, this only applies to somewhat longer trips .. not a jaunt down to the nearby grocery store.

I'd replace "higher end" with "newer". Your VIA isn't a 'high end' model (I'd call it 'mid range'), but your map set will include these files.

Thanks again. May i ask the model that is considered higher end. i was also looking at the 2535 model. are there major differences?

Thanks again. May i ask the model that is considered higher end. i was also looking at the 2535 model. are there major differences?
On the whole, the GO series will be a more fully featured unit than the Via, and while not all that different, the Via should be above the Start series. Things have become blurred a bit recently, but that's the rough description.

Within a category, there are differentiators such as screen sizes to consider, and in the GO series, whether you want Live services or not.

Ask a Question