1005 Europe go-live update problem

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005 Europe
Hi, totally new to the forum so please advise if I'm in the wrong area.

Have just updated my unit as 'My Tom Tom' page said I had updates. All was working well with my unit until I updated it. The page now says I'm fully up to date but my unit displays a screen showing 'Select your map' with only 'Europe' offered as an option.
So, selected 'Europe'...then get
Problem with map...You cannot use this map on this device. Europe.

?? Have tried a reset but just keeps coming back to the above.
Needless to say I'm not happy as I cannot use the darn thing now at all:mad:. Very tempted to try traditional methods such as 'mallet' or 'drop from ladder' but don't have either to hand. Also suspect this will not help with warranty etc if applied.

Anyone got a better solution?

Many thanks CB

Do you have the latest application (12.055) for your device?

Settings-->Me and my device-->About my device?

And the reset you refer to is a drum reboot by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds?

What update did you get? A map? It is possible that the wrong map for your device was assigned to your account. You can call CS at 0845 161 0009 to help straighten the problem out but they are closed tomorrow (Easter Monday).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

As far as I can see the version I have is 3.2.0.906? Map version v9.05.

I hooked up again this morning as another update was shown...but just a camera thing.
Once done, the problem was still there. Tried the reboot several time...no luck.
Unsure how they could supply the wrong map but things happen.

Have since sent a message to HQ & am now waiting for a response/answer.
Will update the thread once I have more info.

Cheers CB

That version you mentioned is your MyTomTom application. I wanted to know what application is on your device.

To get information on your application, connect your unit, and use your browser and point it to the following link: http://169.254.255.1/mpnd/settings

Then look for the line that reads "setting key="version_navcore" value=" and tell us the numbers that follow.

Well, that is the current application number.

I'd suggest calling CS:

UK support: 0845 161 0009

It's not unknown that TomTom provides the incorrect map for a specific account.

Mind the email solution. It can take a good bit longer to get an answer vs. phone.

Ok, this got long winded...have attached the two emails sent to me...neither of which worked but may be useful info to you out there.
Big thanks to the TT assistant who helped me.

In order to try resolving this issue, I would request you to please follow the below steps to free up space and download updates on the device.

1. Soft reset your navigation device:
Press and hold the On/Off button until your device restarts. This can take more than fifteen seconds.

2. Please make sure that the TomTom is not connected to the computer.
3. Clear the cache in MyTomTom and then Force Close the program.
- Click the TomTom logo in the notification area (Windows) or the menu bar (Mac) then select Settings.
- Select the Cache tab.
- Click Empty the cache.
- Click Save settings.

4. Now connect the device to the computer.
5. MyTomTom will then start to process the job and then restart the TomTom automatically.
6. After the TomTom has restarted, it will reconnect to the computer.
7. Check to make sure MyTomTom Connection Status shows: CONNECTED.
8. You can then download and install updates again.
Followed by this email...
I would request you to soft reset your device and then you can use the recovery mode of a device to restore the software on the device. To use the recovery mode on a device you will needs an internet connection and MyTomTom installed on the computer.

1. Make sure that the battery is charged properly by charging the device for at least 2 hours before trying to turn it on.

2. Turn on the device.

3. Press and hold the On/Off button until the device restarts and the bootscreen (black screen with white letters and numbers) is displayed. This takes about 20 to 30 seconds. Once you see black screen with white letters and numbers release the button.

4. Press and release the On/Off button 3 times in a row (without holding the button pressed).
Wait a few seconds until the device reboots into recovery mode and displays a grey screen with a spinning cogwheel.

5. Connect the device to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
Note: As soon as the device is connected to the computer, MyTomTom will start up automatically and will download and install the correct software for the connected device, in order to repair the corrupted files.

6. If MyTomTom does not start and you see the following screen, start MyTomTom manually.

7. Keep the device connected to your computer until it restarts.
Important: The recovery process can take between 5 - 30 minutes, depending on your internet connection. If you disconnect the device from your computer during the recovery process, you might corrupt the device.

8. When the process is completed, the navigation device restarts and may be disconnected from the computer.

Your device should be working properly again.

You may also try this steps 2-3 times as this should resolve your issue.

In the end they just sent me a new map update...which is what I asked for in the 1st place.
But, it was fun.

Thanks CB

I too have exactly this problem & have referred it to TT CS via email. They've replied 1ce asking for more info which I've sent to them. I'm awaiting a further reply. I'll let you know what the outcome is

Ask a Question