+1 Dialing Question

I have sprint BT Phones Models Samsung SPH A920 and Samsung SPH A900Blade hooked to my TomTom 910. Syncs with both phones fine just when I try to call a POI it(TomTom 910) dials a + first then the number 1 then area code then the phone number. That always makes a busy signal. Is there anyway to remove that + thur the setting on the TomTom? Also I cannot get TT910 to take either address book from either phone. Help if you can.:)

I have sprint BT Phones Models Samsung SPH A920 and Samsung SPH A900Blade hooked to my TomTom 910. Syncs with both phones fine just when I try to call a POI it(TomTom 910) dials a + first then the number 1 then area code then the phone number. That always makes a busy signal. Is there anyway to remove that + thur the setting on the TomTom? Also I cannot get TT910 to take either address book from either phone. Help if you can.:)

TomTom told me a few months ago, that they were working on an update....however this was not to be including in the update...The rep stated that it may be an update in the future, but she would not expect them to "look into the matter" until other "updates" were first considered...

In english, you are SOL .... Maybe possible to manually update with POI EDIT, all the thousansds of listings :)

Hello and welcome. I understand your concern.
I had the worst experience with the +1 on the phone numbers. My phone would tell me I can't make international calls! When I saw the phone bill, it said I was trying to call Chile! I had to tell them I did not call Chile and the US is not adjacent to Chile to be confused with close international phone calls.

I have the same issue

Does anyone know if there is a manual override that can be done to prevent the 1 from being displayed (modification of file), or other. I have all other issues solved, just this one.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Les

I'm quites surpriese because the US is considered to be the most advanced country when it comes to communications. Since my job requires constant traveling, all my contacts (local and international) are stored with the "+" prefix so I don't have to think every time what international dialing prefix the country I'm in uses, and no problems at all. That's why I guess TT did it in the same way. Off course CDMA is not used in Europe, only GSM.

it has nothing to do with CDMA or GSM, it is the telephone service provider , Sprint in this case , the one that is not recognizing the proper use of de + sign. Go figure why Sprint Engineers have not come up with a solution. Garmin users had the same problem as I recall. By the way CDMA it is also used in Europe but most countries there use GSM.

Ask a Question