TT Plus features finally working

:) Thought this might interest some of you tinkering with connecting your TT to Verizon phones and the TT Plus features.

I have a 720 that I wanted to connect to my Verizon Moto Q9M with an unlimited data plan. Didn't work no matter what I tried until I read that you have to have the tethering turned on. First called CSR at Verizon and they said it was automatically turned on if you had unlimited data. I didn't really beleive that information so I went to my local store and discussed with thier in-house data guru and what do you know, the CSR was wrong, I needed to get it turned on so I did.

After they turned on the tethering in the store, (addit. $15.00 monthy) things still didn't work at first. I continued to try different settings and thought that perhaps I should dial the *228 to update my phone and it appears to have helped. After that, I removed the bluetooth connections on both the phone and the TT and started through the process again. For whatever reason, I choose the KRZR phone model while running through the wizard process and that coupled with the phone updating seemed to finally work. I used all the settings that were posted in several other posts including this one, https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7367&highlight=traffic

Give it a try and let me know if your able to get other Verizon phones working??

Safetyman

Last edited:

Ask a Question