Win 7 and VIA 1535 connect fix

TomTom Model(s)
Hey if you are like me you have been endlessly frustrated with your 1535 not connecting to my tomtom app. I have tried everything with no luck. If you have a processor that can do virtualization and a version of win 7 that allows you to download win xp mode you are all done. Follow this link http://tinyapps.org/blog/windows/201210200700_xp_mode_vmware.html to read how to download the parts and make vmware player work. Once you import the win xp mode just start the virtual machine and you will be running a true win xp version. Simply go to the control panel and configure your network adapter for a legal address on your local net and then use the settings for vmware player to bridge that address to the local network and you will have internet access. Download your fav browser and the latest flash and watch your 1535 connect in seconds with no fuss and download happily. Enjoy! :D

I am using 64-bit Windows 7 and have had no problems connecting my 1535 to MyTomTom on my computer.

FWIW, I have heard of some people having problems with one Internet browser, but no problems when they try another browser. The most frequent issue seems to be with Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and several people have reported that a switch to Firefox or Chrome fixed their problems.

Personally, I use Opera as a browser, but I cannot guarantee that this is the reason that I have not had problems. (BTW, there have been lot of problems with MyTomTom itself, such as reporting conflicting information in different places on its screen, but these are separate from the connection issue.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Hey whoa

I have noticed many posts on here re connection issues re win 7 and in search engines!! If there is a command tt have to put in your account then just thought it may help!! If tt were to write decent sw plus if all support staff new about the fix then maybe users would not have to spend hours on the phone trying to help!!!! I take offence at your comments as maybe this will help others but instead you blame me just like tt blaming my laptop

Ask a Question