Why was the 'Maps of Israel' thread closed??

TomTom Model(s)
910, 720 and ONE NE
Why on earth was the 'Maps of Israel' thread (https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4349) closed? Was it because of jacknmary's totally irrelevant warez comment? I hope not. No one mentioned anything about sharing of maps, except jacknmary! kutkut only said he was looking for maps of Israel, not that he was looking for pirated copies of maps of Israel, or that he wanted people on this site to share them with him!!

kutkut's post was completely valid (and I can't imagine how it could be a contravention of site rules in any way), jacknmary's response was not. IMO, the implication of jacknmary's comments was extremely offensive. Why not go the whole hog and just call him a thief outright (he is probably one of those 'evil' pirates anyway)?

kutkut actually posted "Looking for maps of Israel for TT go 510.", jacknmary seem to have read "Can anyone here post me copies of their illegally pirated maps of Israel?" Can anyone else see the difference?

Besides, now that the thread has been closed, no-one can give an answer to kutkut's legitimate question. Well, I will;

Kutkut, maps of Israel for a TT do not exist! Despite jackmary's assertion that they are not 'freely distributed' (which implies they are distributed at a cost), they are not distributed, because they don't exist.

Rant over, you can now lock this thread because i also used the word warez! OMG!!

Alternatively, I any mod agrees with me, I would hope that the original thread gets unlocked and perhaps merged with this one.

Why on earth was the 'Maps of Israel' thread (https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4349) closed? Was it because of jacknmary's totally irrelevant warez comment? I hope not. No one mentioned anything about sharing of maps, except jacknmary! kutkut only said he was looking for maps of Israel, not that he was looking for pirated copies of maps of Israel, or that he wanted people on this site to share them with him!!

kutkut's post was completely valid (and I can't imagine how it could be a contravention of site rules in any way), jacknmary's response was not. IMO, the implication of jacknmary's comments was extremely offensive. Why not go the whole hog and just call him a thief outright (he is probably one of those 'evil' pirates anyway)?

kutkut actually posted "Looking for maps of Israel for TT go 510.", jacknmary seem to have read "Can anyone here post me copies of their illegally pirated maps of Israel?" Can anyone else see the difference?

Besides, now that the thread has been closed, no-one can give an answer to kutkut's legitimate question. Well, I will;

Kutkut, maps of Israel for a TT do not exist! Despite jackmary's assertion that they are not 'freely distributed' (which implies they are distributed at a cost), they are not distributed, because they don't exist.

Rant over, you can now lock this thread because i also used the word warez! OMG!!

Alternatively, I any mod agrees with me, I would hope that the original thread gets unlocked and perhaps merged with this one.

Wow...I even apologized... non specific question got non specific answer.

Taking things to extreme, arent we? I saw the error of my way and apologized like any normal decent person should.

The problem now is this...I did mistakenly answer a broad and non specific question with an improper answer, of which I have gladly and whole-heartedly apologized. I did not flame member Kutkut, nor did I accuse him of anything. Read my post word for word and tell me otherwise. (And dont pull the "I know what you MEANT" stuff...because assumptions are what you are fighting against anyways, right?)

Now...you ARE outright flaming me... kinda makes you just as guilty as what you are accusing me of, dontcha think? So, I guess over at 31.105192, 121.013781, two wrongs DO make a right?

Last edited:
There is obviously a big misunderstanding here, and although you are right Spook don't take it to heart what was posted by jacknmary.

Let's just try to keep the vibe positive guys.

Thanks so much!

First off jacknmary, thank you for apologising to kutkut. That was the right thing to do. Though please don't make out that you just thought that was the right thing to do. I don't think you would have apologised if I had not said something. Either way, you did apologise and that is what is important. Thank you.

Secondly, I should have made it clear that I was just as angry (actually more so) with the person that closed the thread in the first place. Sure, it was on the basis of your unfounded comments, but you didn't close that thread. If the thread had not been closed, I would have reacted in a completely different way. Censorship is never a good thing IMO, no matter what the subject.

You're right jacknmary, you didn't flame kutkut and I know that you didn't directly accuse him of anything. As I stated, your comments made implications about kutkut's intentions, and that is what I objected to. Afterall, I believe that it was only because of your comments that the thread was inappropriately closed.

However, though you may not like it, I did not do what you did jacknmary. I commented only on what you had actually posted, not what I assumed you meant. Sure, I got pretty angry in the process, but I don't like assumptions. Although, I probably did not express myself in the best way, I said what I felt had to be said. At least some people must agree with me as the thread is now unlocked.

Now, let's all try to get along together. I am here becuae I like to try and help people. That extends to making a stand for people who may not be able to, or want to, fight for their own rights.

jacknmary - thanks for righting the wrong. It was not something personal, I would (and have) taken such a tone with other posters I have taken exception to. I would defend your rights too if I felt you had been wronged.

46jimbo - thanks for the moral support.

Pedro2NR - thanks for opening the thread.

digital-flex - you're right (always the voice of reason). I did go a bit mental there, I hope you can all understand why. I will try to keep it nice from now on, promise.

Peace Out!

Very cool..... Thanks for your post. I respect and appreciate your viewpoint.

Can I make it up to you with a custom color scheme? ;)

Great. So we're all friends again?

Thanks for the offer, it is appreciated, but I am not really worried about my colour schemes. I am happy with the original ones.

I wonder if we will hear from kutkut again? I hope we didn't scare him off!

If it hadn't been for this spammer I would have never seen this old thread.

I cannot imagine why the https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4349 thread was closed unless some of the editing removed the very offensive matter.
As it stands I cannot see why the heavy salvo was fired over an hour after that last edit. There is nothing offensive there.

Ask a Question