I have an Android phone and was wondering if my Google Contacts would import correctly?

I have an Android phone and was wondering if my Google Contacts would import correctly? I just tried another app and they were mapped wrong (phone number where the address should be) and didn't work...not one of over 100 of them!

Boy, I wish the trial was longer that 15 minutes!

I have an Android phone and was wondering if my Google Contacts would import correctly? I just tried another app and they were mapped wrong (phone number where the address should be) and didn't work...not one of over 100 of them!

Boy, I wish the trial was longer that 15 minutes!
Import of contacts works fine on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 phone and on my Nexus 7 tablet with one minor issue on both devices. (FWIW, the phone is using Android 2.3.4 and the tablet is using Android 4.2.)

The TomTom app will navigate to almost all of my contacts with no hitches at all. However, I have two addresses in other states that cause a problem for "Navigate to Contact". These are addresses where the street name includes both a compass direction and a number - for example, 12345 South 67th Street. These addresses have to be entered manually, even though TomTom shows their addresses in the list of contacts it displays when you choose "Navigate to Contact".

FWIW, TomTom is aware of this issue and says that they are working to correct it. Navigation to all of my other contacts works very smoothly.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Great, btw, is the UI the same as the one that's in a NAV device?

Btw, great to see that it works on your tablet, but my Moto ZOOM isn't listed.

Great, btw, is the UI the same as the one that's in a NAV device?
If you are asking if the UI is the same as the standalone devices that TomTom sells .. not even close. Kinda wish it was.

check out the manual on the location below. shows how the ui looks

https://www.google.com/search?q=tomtom android manual
Great link, just what I was looking for, hopefully it all works! It looks like I can use this app on my Samsung Note, but not my Moto XOOM.

I've been using Garmin for years, and a few things bother me.Garmin won't show you the street you're on in route view. And it won't let you plan a route by zip code, you must first enter State then City/postal code (then hit numbers from letters). I frequently go from Maryland to DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, but always have the zip code!

And it won't show POI's like restaurant on the drive screen, you must go through hell only to find that .5 miles is 17 when it's calculated because you've passed the exit.

To bad it won't keep track of business miles for the tax man! Can't believe these apps don't, that alone would boost sales through the roof!

Some of my favorite devices for producing tracks and adding up the miles are my Garmin handhelds. Tons of features along those lines.

Ask a Question