Which TomTom?

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me, I'm going nuts trying to figure out which satnav to get, it has to be a TomTom as my husband is refusing to allow anything else in the car.

I was almost going to buy the Go live 1005 from halfords as it was on sale for a cool £180, £50 cheaper then every where else but it's out of stock EVERY WHERE.

What I want from my satnav:
Good OS that won't freeze
Big screen
LIVE Services, I travel around the UK a lot, loving the thought of something telling me that another way is quicker
HD - I'm a HD Snob but honestly on a sat nav does it make that much difference on such a small device?
No pain in the arse updates.

My old TomTom is old, very old. Didn't recognize half the post codes I used to put in, even after updates and now it's dead. Screen won't switch on.

please help!

Hi kamYNWA, welcome to the forums :). I've moved your post to the "Which TomTom should I buy" section, as it's probably the best place for answers ;).

In the UK, the GO1005 is definitely your best option for a large screen and LIVE services. The screen is 5" and very bright and clear compared to the older models (but it's quite reflective).
I've only ever seen them with the SD card slot (useful for expansion), but be careful as the TT website implies some versions may not have one.

The only other 5" model with LIVE is the GO825 which has the crappy integrated mount.

There's one model with an even larger screen (which is also higher res.) That is the START 60, but that doesn't have LIVE.

Ask a Question