Which 2011-2012 model is most compatible with user-defined routes?

I figured I'd reply here rather than start another thread:

Can anyone answer this same question, with the added constraint that the unit be a bit smaller than the XXL540TM? I have a RAM Mount X-Grip on my motorcycle that I want to use to hold the unit, but am afraid that the 540 will be a bit too big to fit and I don't have access to one in person to try it out. I'd settle for a smaller unit that had the same itinerary (and Tyre) friendly software, and the lifetime maps and traffic would be a big plus as well.

Alternatively, if someone has an X-Grip and can tell me if their XXL540TM fits or not, that would be a big help. Heck, I'd be happy if someone could give me accurate measurements of how tall the XXL540TM is - I could use that to come to a reasonably confident conclusion.

Thanks!

NONE of the new models have real Itinerary Planning, the best you can get is 4 waypoints and even then the route can't be saved.

The specs for a 540 are: 118 X 80 X 25 mm. You'll have to do the conversion to inches. (2.54 cm = 1 inch).

I'm thinking the XL 340TM is my best bet if the other turns out to be too big. It looks like essentially the same unit with a smaller screen - same software and stuff. I was hoping someone could confirm that?

Ask a Question