Where's my map?

I just got a refurbished 910. Since on the previous one I had just updated the North American Map I connected to TomTom Home and checked for updates it recognized that the device was different and ask if I wanted to add the device to my account. It then found the updates and downloaded them but now I don't have the North American maps available. When I go in to change map I only have Guam, Canary Islands, Western and Central Europe.

When I use Windows Explorer to view the files I see a North American folder with a bunch of files in it.

How do I activate this map?

Last edited:
I just got a refurbished 910. Since on the previous one I had just updated the North American Map I connected to TomTom Home and checked for updates it recognized that the device was different and ask if I wanted to add the device to my account. It then found the updates and downloaded them but now I don't have the North American maps available. When I go in to change map I only have Guam, Canary Islands, Western and Central Europe.

When I use Windows Explorer to view the files I see a North American folder with a bunch of files in it.

How do I activate this map?

Have you tried the Manage Maps icon? How about a pin reset? When you say that you see files in the map folder, which ones start with North_America.?

Have you tried the Manage Maps icon? How about a pin reset? When you say that you see files in the map folder, which ones start with North_America.?

Manage Maps icon - Yes, as mentioned above Guam, Canary Islands, Western and Central Europe are the only choices listed.

Pin reset - Yes, no change.

Map folder - If you are asking about the "maps" folder North_America.tlv.
-If you are asking about the "North_America" folder I see the following:
-brand (folder) with a bunch of .bmp files
-a "cspeech_(state).dat file for each state
-faces.dat
-mapinfo.dat
-North_America-7.meta
-North_America-7.meta.dct
-North_America.mms
-North_America.pna
-poi.dat
-tables.dat
-traffic.dat