When LIve Services in Canada

That's a good question. It took till map 845 this week to give Canada serious consideration when the road information was enhanced for 42,000 miles (so TT says).

Heaven knows if and when LIVE will ever get here. It may be an issue of TT not getting a reasonable (to them) for a telco to provide the information.

I really think they should have a sticker saying these services aren't available in Canada when shipping the units to us.
If I had known this, I might of picked a lower priced model when I purchased the GPS.

There are NO Live models sold in Canada. What did you buy that you thought would have LIVE included????

Plus services are available, yes. They involve getting updates via bluetooth phone.

Last edited:
I have connect my phone with no problem. What I am wondering is if the plus services are worth it vs. the RDS option. I think I will start another thread with that subject.

US posters say the Plus service is better than the rds antenna. However, Americans have TRUE Unlimited Data Plans from their cell phone providers, we do not.

PLUS traffic doesn't appear to work in Canada. The Rds-tmc does.

My PLUS subscription got all corrupted for the past couple of months, so there's a (very very small) chance that things have changed since.

The 630 can use the old round-jack RDS-TMC antenna. They go for under $20 on ebay and are a much better deal than buying a new USB RDS-TMC for $80+

Ask a Question