What was I thinking???????

After years of using a Garmin I switched to Tom Tom. Quite possibly the biggest mistake I ever made. I should have checked these forums first because all the problems I'm having seems like others are having too. The maps are the worst. Just in my area I see many roads on the maps the don't don't exist and since the Mapshare option seems to be only a myth they remain bad. I am so disappointed in this product I'm considering tossing it out and chalking the loss up to experience. It really should be against the law have such a bad product and so much misrepresentation in the marketing of it.

What model do you have and what map version? Have you updated to the latest?

Coming here to just rant without providing information so that we can help is not productive for anybody........

I'll chime in, that while I still have my problems with Tomtom, especially their support, I had an eye-opening Garmin experience this past year, while I was still really ticked at the TomTom's maps.

I borrowed a friends's Garmin to see if I might like that better.

The UI was confusing, address entry was cumbersome, and even in the short time I had it, I ran up against streets and locations that were either missing, or so badly misspelled, that I could not find them to select them as a destination.

I felt a lot better about my Tomtom after that.

So I guess until there is a perfect GPS, it's a matter of picking the one that makes you the least unhappy. :)

I have had 4 TTs and I love them. Update everyday with GP satellite fix and corrections !
Bought a new map once a year or so and had no problem. I used it everyday in Real Estate and they all worked great. No fiddling with maps and multiple destinations and waypoint took me effortlessly from house to house .
I have friends with Garmens and they are switching to TT..
My new 2505TM does have issues but it is due to a suit by MicroSoft !

Ask a Question