what tomtom to buy

Hi, I want to buy a tomtom for car but don't know which one to buy, I live in the uk I just want it for the uk and maybe europe, your help would be appreciated

Have a think about other features the devices can offer, do you need any of the options:

mp3 music Player
FM Transmitter
Bluetooth udio output
Line Out audio output
Handsfree
RDS-TMC Traffic
HD Live Traffic
Widescreen/ normal screen

If you answer yes/ not to that lot then it should be a lot easier to suggest a specific model, although if you think you might need European mapping later on I would suggest you purchase the devic with it pre-installed for a couple of reasons:

1/ It works out much cheaper
2/ The device will have sufficient memory to store the larger map data

- Mike

thanks for your prompt reply, no I don't think I need any of that stuff, just an easy to use system, widescreen would nice and European mapping

Last edited:
XL IQ Europe would be my choice then, although slightly cheaper is the One IQ with the smaller screen - Take a trip to Halfords and compare the two side by side then make your mind up based on personal choice.

Both these devices are basic navigation units they have no Bluetooth capability but as a point and shoot navigation device they are great products, I have to say my XL IQ Live seems more stable than any of my other PND's The XL IQ Live is very similar to what I have recommended above but it is equipped with a SIM card and GPRS modem for a data connection while on the road, it also comes with an ?8 PCM tag to use the Live services, so stick with the XL IQ or One IQ - Mike

Thanks Mike you've been a great help, I'll google now and see where I can get it the cheapest,
Thanks again. Dan

Ask a Question