what phone to get for the 910

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
Hello, I got my 910 a few days ago. I am needing to up date my cell phone (mine is about 4 years old and has not got bluetooth) so any suggestions to which one will be a good one? I do not have to have the most exspensive but would like to get the most out of my tomtom. My finacee has a cell that i have been using with the 910. It is ok but will not connect through data, read or display text messages, so any help would be great. I do not remember her phone type, think it is a Samsung, it is a slider phone has bluetooth and able to surf the net, but will not work with the 910 (excepte for hands free calling) we use cinguluar .
Thank you,
Mike

Remember, some phones not mentioned on the site will work with the TomTom devices. I use a Treo 650 with mine and it is Not supported according to the site. If you want full access and something that is supported I would go with something on the list Pedro provided.

Phones for 910

I use the Blackberry 8800 with the Cingular service. It is awesome! I have full functionality on the 910 and it will receive data and Plus services on the TomTom. I have used other phones including the Motorola Razor, which happens to work well also, but the 8800 has worked the best for me. The reason I say the best, is because when I downloaded my contacts it downloaded all of them without a flaw! The Razor did not do this well, although it does work with the plus services as well as the 8800. The problem is that it only downloaded a few contacts and it looks as though it was only a few numbers that I had recently called and not the contact list at all. So what I believe is happening is that it's using the SIM card from your phone to download the contacts which most phones do not store the contacts on at all. The Treo phones do NOT work with the tomtom plus services, FYI

Good Luck!

need help

Remember, some phones not mentioned on the site will work with the TomTom devices. I use a Treo 650 with mine and it is Not supported according to the site. If you want full access and something that is supported I would go with something on the list Pedro provided.

I have a treo 650 and a new Tom Tom 910. As you can guess my Tom Tom does not recognize my Palm. Could you share with my how you overcame this obstacle? Any help would be appreciated.

Here ya go....took me a few times to get the timing right between the Treo and the 910. Here is a link to someone else who has done this.....

http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7740

Let me know how this works out for you!!!

I've got a LG CU500 - not on the list, but it mostly works for voice calls and audio, and data transfer. The only real problem is that it won't read text messaging, I can't transfer my phone address book, and it doesn't 'answer' incoming calls correctly. So it's not great, but it does the more important things I need.

I also hve a cingular 8125 and it works great. You can get one refurbished for $79.99 after rebate or $99.99 new after rebate. It does everything.

Xv6700

I have a XV6700 (not supported) and it works great. I love the connection speed for the internet and the speaker phone is clear. I have yet to have a problem or crash on the tomtom 910 / phone.

The xv6700 runs on windows mobile on verizon network with a dataplan (79.00 month with 1400 min) the phone was 299. but much cheaper now.

I also use the phone to tether my laptop for highspeed internet (hack found here --> http://www.dodoskido.com/archives/002817-vista-borks-my-ppc6700.html )

The phone has a rather large following found here --> http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6700-xv6700/

Lots of extra's on ebay for the phone such as batt, covers, car mount, hard shell...

Good luck

Ask a Question